Monday, August 6, 2012

God's plan unfold's

This morning the plans that God has for John and I began to unfold much more rapidly !
It's been months of praying, trusting, waiting, even crying for answers. So when I see God unfold the plans I am brought to my knees with thanksgiving in my heart !

John was offered a job with the Corpus Christi Army Depot in July, but no date of start was set. And no funding for moving was being guaranteed. We began studying and learning, we made a weekend trip down and looked around and ask for God's guidance. I applied for a position with TAMU CC, thinking it takes for ever for the wheel to turn so we will probably be living there before I hear if I do (job market like it is).

During the week of the 23rd of July, I received a call to set up an interview by phone with TAMU CC.. It went well but the person interviewing me said "Hey, I think we have a position that would be better suited for you but we need you to come down". We knew we would have to go down to find a place to live so we set out for Corpus the next week. The interview went well, they would let me know in a couple of days. We spent the next two days looking for houses. Most in the price we felt we could afford without me working were not in very good shape or were so small. We found a house we really liked but were very scared to lease it because it was above what we felt comfortable. We finally settled on a house that would work for us and so on the morning we were to leave we set out to the real estate office. As we were in the travel mode the realtor we had worked with called to say that the owners didn't want a dog, so that meant we would have to find a home for cowgirl. Jaiden was devastated! But we knew we could work this out. When we arrived the manager meet with us, we explained what our situation was and how we really wanted the other house but felt we could not commit because the price was out of range without me having a job. She said why don't you go eat and get your deposit in order and I'll call you. When she called they owners had not only said dog's were okay, but they lowered the rent to what the other house was !! Praise GOD ! But I still didn't have a job.. No money to really move on.. So we keep praying but we had a house !

John had spoke with the base and they were trying to secure some sort of moving money for several people and he was on the list, but no answer as we looked for a house. We started planning for storing and moving only what was essential till we had saved enough to move the rest.

Good Morning Monday !! Wow the plan or plot thickens as they say... 9:15 am call from TAMU CC and I have been offered a job... YIPEE !!! Start date is the 20th, we do not get access to the house till the 17th.. We have a 9 to 10 hour drive moving belongings and set up enough house to go to work! However pray one answered and one to go.. oh, wait.. John calls at 10:30 am and CCAD will be giving him some money, still no amount or date but that will come by the end of this week or first of next week ! Pray two answered ! God has a plan, He has something for us to do in Corpus to bring Him Glory and I am all for it...

Still in a limbo but hanging on every moment because God is working and I want to shout !

Keep your eyes open and travel with us as we learn about Livin' on the Island so to speak, not quite Padre but 10 minutes to the ocean !









No comments: